Friday, October 9, 2015

Happiness sometimes comes in unexpected ways

It was 6:35 a.m , Friday morning. The alarm clock rang and I woke up with a start. So its finally another day and I will have to go to office. Why cant they give a optional holiday on Fridays? With my body reluctant to move and my eyes wanting to be closed again , I literally dragged myself out of the bed.

8:05 a.m : I am sitting in the bus which has been parked near a petrol pump and will leave in another 10 minutes. I called up my parents. As I disconnected the call, I could hear some hummings. I was feeling too tired after so much office stress but somehow the musical tone had some magical effects to my ears. I saw 2 blind girls were sitting on a bench by a shop and were practicing songs they are about to sing on stage. There were other ladies to guide them, which made me realize that they are from some ashram or home for disabled children.

They sang  beautifully enough to take away all my tiredness in few seconds. I was amazed that God might not have given them vision but has provided them with beautiful voice.

In the meantime another boy of age around 18-19 years was seeing playing with small children. He was mentally challenged. One of the lady who was the group leader, asked him to sit down and sing one song just for the time being their car comes to pick them up for the venue. He silently obeyed and started singing a song on his own. Nobody was interested in what he was singing. But I was listening closely and with full attention how gifted he was in the matter of music. I dont know whether they get any music training or not but its the God's gifted voice with which they continue to sing on their own without being conscious whether they are singing good or bad, whether it is "Surila" or "Besura" , they just sing with their heart and soul oblivious to the world where they know they are treated as "Disabled", treated with sympathy denying many of the human rights.

The scene filled my mind with happiness and realization that even with blindness  or mental challenges, nothing stops them to move on in life. We have so much stress, tension , work and family pressure which keeps us on our toes right from the time we wake up till we hot the bed again. But life is much more than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...